Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2013

Letter 4: Dont forget to have fun!

Dear 16 year old self,

This year I've had a lot of time to focus on myself and reflect on my life this far... And what I realized is that in my 19 years of life, I should have lived a little more... 

Don't get me wrong, I had fun... But I feel like I felt the need, when I was a teenager to behave like an adult. And therefore I was always the mature one. 

This year I spent the year letting go, which is quite funny considering this is the time I'm meant to start behaving like an adult... But I feel like a bigger kid than I ever was growing up. It's awesome. This has probably been the most fun year I've had in my life.

I have no regrets I mean 19 is a great age to act like a kid in South Africa, you're legal to go party and drive... I can still be a kid but with some responsibility and more possibilities for fun :) 

I'm not saying go out and start doing drugs and drinking. What I want to tell you is that it's good to try new things! It's good to have adventures and to be a little rebellious when you're young. You have your whole life to be an adult, you're only young once: YOYO 
Whoa I just came up with a cool acronym, watch out Drake! 

So go out there and have fun. Don't get serious too young. Have lots of boyfriends, party a lot, eat fatty foods, sleep late, wake up late, make memories... Just be responsible about it. 
There are enough things in life to be serious about... But u can worry about that when you're old, right now, now is the time to live and make memories. 

YOYO
Love,
19 year old Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment